Mikey and Marie

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A heavy heart.

Today a friend I knew from Capital Christian High School went to be with Jesus today. Although I am saddened for his family, girlfriend and friends who knew him and how wonderful he was I am also relieved that he no longer has to suffer. Mike Virgin was in a diving accident. He dove into the shallowest part of the river (unknowingly) on his 21st birthday, July 27th. He hit his forehead, broke his neck at the C6 vertebra and became paralyzed. Although I do not know all the exact details, I know he has in a drug induced coma and his lungs were not working so he was placed on a breathing tube. He wasn't really making any substantial progress from what I gathered from his parents blogs but he did have a whole lot of people praying for him. I'm heartbroken for his family and his girlfriend. Anyone who knew him knew that he was a wonderful guy. As sad as this whole situation is Mike is with Jesus and there is nothing better than that. We would be selfish to wish him back to this earth. If you would like please keep his family in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. What a tragedy. Sorry to hear this. Lifting up a prayer for the family now. Love you.
    ashley

    ReplyDelete